The Peak in the Workplace
Performance in any human endeavor requires the development of skills and abilities necessary to complete and function at high levels. In addition to the specific skills related to your job, the American worker must also possess time management and organizational skills, the ability to communicate and listen effectively, be able to build rapport with co-workers, clients, and customers, and quite possibly multi-task in order to be successful. However, they must also be able to eliminate any and all distractions that occur while completing their job. The biggest source of distraction is on-the-job stress.
Stress in the work place is becoming an even greater problem for both employers and employees. According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health:
- 33% of Americans suffer job burnout due to stress
- 70% of the American workforce are unhappy with their employment because of stress
- $290 Billion is spent annually to compensate claims for on-the-job stress, health Insurance, low productivity, and disability.
An according to the American Psychological Association:
- 62% of workers are severely affected by workplace stress
- 66% would deeply welcome help in overcoming the destructive effects of stress
- 86% of all diseases in the US are directly or indirectly related to stress
- Over 50% of the adult American population is prescribed antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications annually because of undue long-term exposure to unresolved stress
Productivity, performance, health, happiness, and quality of life all decline as a result of excessive workplace stress. The stress is not only experienced at work, but affects one’s entire life and can interfere with relationships and enjoyment of other life activities. At the peak you will learn valuable tools to make your jobs easier, learn what stress is, its symptoms, consequences of short-term and long-term exposure to unresolved excessive stress, and be provided with simple, yet powerful tools and strategies for combating the destructive effects of workplace stress.